vrijdag 25 juni 2010

No foetal pain before 24 weeks

UK doctors are saying there is no evidence, which shows that foetuses feel pain in the womb before 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the abortion limit. According to the RCOG (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists), foetuses are undeveloped and numb. They say the brains are not yet complete and the surrounding of the uterus creates a state of sleep, like unconsciousness. Anti abortion, campaigners are against this statement. This difference of opinion started in the debate about the recent time limit for abortion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10403496.stm

My reaction:
Whether it happens in the Netherlands or in Great Britain, abortion is and will always be a big deal. I think that if you decide to have an abortion in week 24 of your pregnancy you are insane. If you already knew that you did not wanted this baby, then why wouldn't you do it sooner. If this really is bad for the foetus, I think that they definitely should change the limit! I still have my doubts about the whole abortion thing that is going on here and I think that will last forever.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten